The antiquated verifiable town Padmanabhapuram is one of the four districts in the area is 55 Km. south of Trivandrum, something like two km. east of Thuckalay and 35 km. from Kanyakumari on the Trivandrum-Cape Comerin street. This town is encompassed by a stronghold with a territory of 187 sections of land. The aged capital of Travancore may be developed before AD 1601. The castle with a zone of seven sections of land, is arranged in the exceptionally fixate on the Padmanabhapuram Fort, in the midst of slopes, dales and streams. The royal residence which is arranged in Kanyakumari District is under the control of a Curator of the Archeological Department of Kerala Government.
The post which was constructed with mud initially was disassembled and reproduced with rock by Maharaja Marthanda Varma. The tallness of the dividers fluctuates from 15' to 24' as per the slant of the ground.
Passageway Hall:- The door to the principle building is controlled by an alternate elaborate portal with retainers for watch and ward. The gabled doorway has wooden roof abundantly ornamented with lotus emblems. The most striking peculiarity of the passage is the clock-tower which is one of the most established in India raised in 1832 A.d. also still keeps on being in meeting expectations request.
The primary floor the Poomuham has a gathering chamber or Mantrasala which is implied for holding exchanges with clergymen and unmistakable natives. The floor off this corridor, which is cleaned with the admixture of coconut shell cinders, eggs aged in molasses and lime reflects the figure like a mirror. Alongside the Mantrasala is the Dancing Hall which was utilized only for the parts of the imperial crew.
Neighboring the Council Chamber and to the south of moving corridor is the dinning lobby called "Uttupura", with two stories (the ground and the first) each one measuring approximately 78 by 6 meters and it would suit about 2000 individuals at once. Encouraging of about 2000 poor persons, it is said, was carried out here consistently thus the ruler was called "Dharmaraja".
Uppirika Malika : - The most appealing building in the entire royal residence is the 'Uppirika Malika' which comprises of three storied. "Uppirika" is the shortened term of "Muppirika" which implies the habitation of the eldest part of the gang. A wooden bed is raised on the top most floor in the conviction that "Ruler Vishnu" the boss god. The principal floor holds a wooden bunk made of 64 restorative plants, on which Maharaja used to rest. The therapeutic bed was introduced to Maharaja "Marthanda Varma" by the Dutch East India Company in 1750, as a sign of fellowship.
The Navarathri Mandapa: - To the west of the Zuppirika Mandapa is the Navarathri Mandapa which is an extensive lobby of impeccably wonderful stone columns with hanging pendants reminiscent of the Nayakar style of building design. In the Navarathri Mandapa, exhibitions of Bharatha Natya and musical presentations occurred in the regal vicinity.
Going by Hours : From 09.00 AM to 01.00 PM and 02.00 P.m to 04.30 P.m . Each Monday Holiday
Section Fee Rs 25 for Adult & Rs.10 for Children.
Expenses for Foreigners : Adult Rs 200 & Children Rs 50
Feature and Camera Fee are Rs 1500 & Rs 25 Respectively
Home » Kanyakumari District » Tourist attractions » Padmanabhapuram Palace in Kanyakumari District
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment